We Make Sure Our Employees Benefit from JK!

JK Moving Services Crew

The moving and relocation industry may not sound glamorous; loading heavy boxes and furniture in and out of trucks and placing them into storage. Every day, the employees at JK Moving Services are doing the work that most people dread. However, JK is committed to standing tall in the industry and showing that it can have glory and glamour.

While many companies based in the Washington, D.C., area have reduced employee benefits, JK has always understood that employees are our greatest asset. This is exemplified by being recognized as one of the top employers in Loudoun County, Virginia. This is also why JK is proud to offer a wide variety of employee benefits, including a company-paid profit sharing plan (PSP).

JK employees benefit from a 100% employer-funded PSP, a plan that gives employees a vested interest in the company’s success. In 2014, JK contributed more than 30% of the company’s net profit to the PSP and the employee’s 401(k) retirement savings accounts. That contribution provided employees with an equivalent of 4.5% of their annualized salary toward their PSP and 3% of their annualized salary toward their 401(k) accounts. This is a total of 7.5% toward employee’s retirement savings for the year!

“The profit sharing plan is one component of JK’s employee benefit program,” said Chuck Kuhn, President and CEO of JK Moving Services. “JK is dedicated to hiring and retaining top talent that results in quality service delivery and highly engaged employees. This is reflected through our training, professional certifications, professional advancement opportunities and benefits that range from the PSP to company picnics to free flu shots. We want our employees to feel valued and appreciated for their aptitude and effort.”

JK employees enjoy much more than the annual PSP contribution. One way we show appreciation for our employees is by hosting an on-site farmer’s market to encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also have a tuition assistance program that supports employees in furthering their education while working.

Our employees also hone and add new skills through our extensive training and development programs.  From safe moving practices to systems and software training to advanced sales techniques, we understand how important it is to keep our employees engaged, growing, and learning.

You can view the full list of employee benefits by clicking here.  JK continually encourages energetic talent to join our team.  We welcome you to review our current career opportunities and to make your next career move with JK.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *